Re: [Exim] Relaying on SMTP Headers

Author: Andrew D
To: David Harrigan, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Relaying on SMTP Headers
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 09, 2000 6:40 PM
Subject: [Exim] Relaying on SMTP Headers

> Hello,
>
> Can Exim relay messages based on the contents of an SMTP header?
> I have a requirement to expose a box from behind a firewall, but I wish
> to only allow it to relay messages that have FROM: user@???
> in the header. It still should accept incoming SMTP messages for delivery
> to local users, but should only allow relaying for those users that have

the
> appropriate FROM address.

u could set up a filter that rejects email that doesn't have the right From
header,
however someone that sends email with a correct envelope, tends to also have
a correct From header as well. I am not sure this will have the desired
affect. u would be better off locking the server down to ur own IP's unless
u have external users, then I would recommend SMTP AUTH
HTH
cya
Andrew

--
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself:
"Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words