Re: [Exim] New TLS testing version

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Toshio Kumagai
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] New TLS testing version
On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Toshio Kumagai wrote:

>    3.164 seems working well on TLS/SSL + PLAIN/PAM auth environment.
>    But I wonder why default setting of tls_advertise_hosts to "" ?

This was discussed on the list.

In order to make TLS/SSL work on a server, it needs to have settings for

tls_advertise_hosts
tls_certificate
tls_privatekey

The previous default of "*" for tls_advertise_hosts set only one of
these. This meant that if you compiled a version of Exim with TLS
support and just put it into service without setting any options, it
started advertising TLS, but didn't actually work. That seemed to be a
confusing default, so I changed it.