Re: RE:[Exim] Virtual mail is being delivered locally

Author: Andrew D
To: Justyn's Lists, exim-users
Subject: Re: RE:[Exim] Virtual mail is being delivered locally
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2000 5:00 AM

Hi there,

> my local domain is in the domains file... as well as the virtual.

remove it from it

here is how I have mine setup with virtual domains (of which we have about
160)
make sure the domain that all local deliveries are to delivered to is in
local_domain

-snip-

localdomains = local.domain:hotmail.com:other.domain

#directors
virtual:
driver = aliasfile
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
domains = "lsearch;/etc/virtualmail/FULLDOMAINS"
file = /etc/virtualmail/$domain
search_type = lsearch*
no_more

# This director matches local user mailboxes.

localuser:
driver = localuser
transport = local_delivery

-snip-

Inside the FULLDOMAINS file is hotmail.com and other.domain

in my alias file for hotmail.com

user1:hmuser1@???
user2:hmuser2@???
*:hmelse@localdomain

because local.domain is not in FULLDOMAINS it then gets done by the local
delivery.
(as long as the aliased user existed)
If it was in the virtual domain files then it would loop itself continualy
and if the aliased user doesn't exist then u would get a reject message.

If I am wrong about any of this I am sure someone will correct me :)

HTH
cya
Andrew

--
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty.
Empty what's full.