Re: [Exim] Exim Bug

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Jason Robertson
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim Bug
On Thu, 5 Oct 2000, Jason Robertson wrote:

> I just noticed a bug in Exim 3.16 though minor
>
> the problem is that it attempts to verify all helo's

No, it doesn't. "Verify" means "check that what the client said in its
HELO command is actually its name, as obtained from the DNS".

> helo
> 501 syntactically invalid HELO argument(s)

What it is doing here is rejecting the command because it is
syntactically invalid. There is no host name data. See the syntax
defined in RFC 821. See also Exim's helo_accept_junk_hosts option.