Re: [Exim] Washington mbx again

Author: Miros/law `Jubal' Baran
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Washington mbx again

Look at solid-pop3d (http://solidpop3d.pld.org.pl/):

> - fast

spop3d is.

> - standalone (ie not spawned from inetd)

spop3d could be configured to work standalone.

> - MySQL (or Oracle, DBM, ODBC, /etc/passwd, PAM, etc) authentication

spop3d uses /etc/passwd, PAM and (from 0.16d version) separate
passwd-like files for virtual servers

> - support for different mailbox formats and mailbox hierarchies
> (ie     /var/mail/s/snell, etc)

spop3d supports mbox/maildir formats and mailbox hierarchies

> - secure

It is secure, small, reliable and under steady development.

best regards,
Jubal

--
[ Miros/law L Baran, baran-at-knm-org-pl, neg IQ, cert AI ] [ 0101010 is ]
[ BOF2510053411, makabra.knm.org.pl/~baran/, alchemy pany ] [ The Answer ]

  A sine curve goes off to infinity or at least the end of the blackboard
      -- Prof. Steiner