Re: [Exim] T-Shirt

Author: Paul Robinson
To: Yann Golanski, Steve Platt
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] T-Shirt
On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, Yann Golanski wrote:

> I still think we need a new logo and a slogan (Exim -- the experiment
> gone right?]

Yay! A logo competition! See who can come up with the most disastrous
concocotion of photoshop or gimp plugins that when applied to the word "Exim"
in Courier font, gives you a headache when you merely catch it in your
peripheral vision. I've always supported logos that involved nothing more
than the clever use of ASCII myself. :-)

So, what's the prize going to be then... I reckon the lucky winner who
produces the best logo should be given a completely free copy of Exim. :-)

As far as slogans go, never been a big fan as they are always sycophantic
rhetoric that means little, but then that might be because I can never think
of a decent slogan.

Oblig. t-shirt idea: "Exim mail admins can do it any way they want, faster
than anybody else."

Or to borrow from a thinkgeek.com T-shirt: "Go away, or I'll replace you with
a very small piece of embedded Perl".

Or perhaps some borrowed config file directives used in a different style:

"
qualify_domain = exim.admin
never_users = drunken_state
host_accept_relay = *.brain.exim.admin
rbl_hosts= !wife:!children:boss:mother-in-law:sendmail_lusers

eat_kebab:
    driver = appendfile
    file = /body/stomach/${local_part}
    user = drunken_me
    group = drunken_mates

blame_underling:
    driver = lookup_newest_employee
    transport = fob_off_cock_ups
"

etc. You get the idea (I'm not good at writing real configs, never mind spoof
ones. :-)

--
______________/ Technical Director @ Akitanet -- http://www.akita.co.uk/ |

| PO Box 604, Manchester, M60 3PR | Centerpoint, Deddington, Oxon,OX15 0SG |