Re: [Exim] Relay troubles

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Ian Southam
Para: Michael Stevens
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Relay troubles
On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 05:34:21PM +0100 Michael Stevens wrote :

> Maybe a wrapper script of some kind, to let you edit the config file,
> then, when you edit the editor, it pipes up with "do you want to hup exim y/n?"

Yup, I find Makefile works rather nicely. Edit the file and type make in the
directory, new configuration gets copied in (if it has changed) and the daemon
gets hupped. (This method also allows me to make subtle changes between
configs when replicating through a server farm or cluster).

That said, you and I do this for a living and maybe that is not who Nigel is
talking about ....

--
Ian

(For those interested - something like in a Makefile, configure.master is the
config you edit

configure:  configure.master
            cp -p configure.master configure; killall -HUP exim

What I do is a wee bit more complex but that is the gist of it.