[Exim] Re: Solaris based Web mail

Autor: Nick O'Brien
A: Sujit Choudhury
CC: exim-users, uk-mail-managers
Assumpte: [Exim] Re: Solaris based Web mail
Hi Sujit,

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Sujit Choudhury wrote:

> Is there any webmail which runs on Solaris platform. We have
> experimented with WebMail from infinite.com but it runs on NT. Our
> main mail servers would be on Solaris Machines. So it would be ideal
> to have both the webmail and MTA on the same machine.
> I have been looking at IMP - seems very very difficult to install and
> get it right.
> We would be using IMAP from UW. The format will be most probably mbx.
> Any help will be appreciated.

Unless you are looking for a freeware solution - IMHO
(http://www.lysator.liu.se/~stewa/IMHO/) seems the best compromise between
a good user interface, and performance (as it uses persistant IMAP
connections).

Really most of the free solutions are still very much works in progress, I
can see us dropping IMHO after a year and then using something else.

In the long term we would probably want to use WING (or perhaps something
like it) - but it would take some work as it was developed on Linux and
hence need to be ported to Solaris (unless someone has done this
already? :), and configure it to fit into our environment.

    Nick.

"Animal? No worse - human!", Manny - "Runaway Train"
Nick O'Brien                        Phone: +44 118 931 8432
Computer Officer                    Email: N.G.J.OBrien@???
Reading University, UK              Web: http://www.rdg.ac.uk/~vis98ngo/