Re: [Exim] re: exim and mailman

Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Mitchell
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] re: exim and mailman
mjs@??? said:
> the exim.log shows nothing much, only that the message has been
> recieved and it has been delivered to the mailman transport and
> compleated.

at which point things move into the realms of the mailman lists (they
are also fairly friendly)...

However, common problem #1 is that people did not set up the mailman
cron jobs like it told you to in the documentation. Mailman drops mail
into its own queue and has a frequent cron job to inject it into the
MTA queue (this is probably my fault since I pointed out that there
were race conditions with the old system which meant it was pretty much
impossible to shut down a busy list box without losing mail).

So check that you have something very similar to the jobs listed in
crontab.in running as your mailman id from cron.

Then look in the mailman/logs directory of your install for further
clues.

    Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]