Re: [Exim] Solaris based Web mail

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Sujit Choudhury
Para: Julian King
CC: exim-users, uk-mail-managers
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Solaris based Web mail
Actually we are hoping to have two mail servers - one for staff (1000
users) and one for students (about 15,000). So I was thinking of two
identical binaries on the two machines. Each Staff E-mail are usually
between 2K-10K many with attachments, students E-mail are smaller.
However we are expecting huge amount of growth in e-mail traffic.

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000 10:34:00 +0100 (BST) Julian King
<jpk28@???> wrote:

> > Is there any webmail which runs on Solaris platform. We have
> > experimented with WebMail from infinite.com but it runs on NT. Our
> > main mail servers would be on Solaris Machines. So it would be ideal
> > to have both the webmail and MTA on the same machine.
> > I have been looking at IMP - seems very very difficult to install and
> > get it right.
> > We would be using IMAP from UW. The format will be most probably mbx.
> > Any help will be appreciated.
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> > Sujit
>
> You don't say what sort of load you intend to put on the machine.
> Are we talking about 100 users with a maximum of 10 connecting at
> a time, or 30000 with a maximum of 1k connecting at a time? If
> the former then IMP will work just fine. If the latter then according
> to some research by the mailgroup here the only one which is tested
> with a significant load is Wing as used/written in Oxford Uni by
> Malcolm Beattie (who is on the exim mailing list, I think?)
>
> With all possible respect and credit to Malcolm and Wing, it is a
> fairly complex beast to set up, and requires several machines to
> use it to its full advantage.
>
> Other than that, there a lot of homebrew systems out there, and
> several on the horizon, which may well do what you want. In particular
> I seem to recall that the new (not yet available?) version of Imp may
> keep state in some fashion.
>
> Julian
> --
> Julian King
> Computer Officer, University of Cambridge, Unix Support

Sujit Choudhury
Unix & E-Mail Systems Administrator
E-Mail    : S.Choudhury@???
Ext Tel No: 020 - 7753 3105