Re: [Exim] Summary: encrypted mailing list?

Author: Jeremy C. Reed
To: Paul Tod Rieger
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Summary: encrypted mailing list?
On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Paul Tod Rieger wrote:

> What's a good way to point exim towards the script? Would a simple alias
> like:
>
> pgplist: "| /path/script"

That's what I do for my perl-based mailing list (except I don't have a
space between the pipe and the slash).

> be OK? (Is there a "how-to" or a webpage with tips on this somewhere? The
> exim doc seems to indicate that it's a bit more complicated....)

In my exim config under my system_aliases director, I have:
# 20/Sep/2000 - reed - specify UID for external program
user = list

Where "list" is a user in my /etc/passwd and the files/directories
modified by my mailing list are owned by this user.

Jeremy C. Reed
http://www.reedmedia.net/
http://bsd.reedmedia.net/