Re: [Exim] Exim and Mailman

Author: Steve Haslam
To: Mitchell
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim and Mailman
On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 01:24:58AM +1000, Mitchell wrote:
> Just a quick question, not even sure if this is the right forum to
> address it in but any ay here goes. I am runing Exim and Mailman on a
> debian system running near latest versions.

On a Debian system, we will want to set

MAILMAN_HOME=/var/lib/mailman

not /usr/lib/mailman, unless you have changed mailman's configuration
significantly.

If you still have trouble, try:

exim -d 9 -bt users@???

and look in the debugging output for where it is running the
"list_director" director (should be at the end, just before it decides
to send an error message)

In particular, look for sth like:

calling list_director director
require_files = /var/lib/mailman/lists/eng/config.db
test existence of /var/lib/mailman/lists/eng/config.db
required present, EACCES => unknown
Success

HTH

SRH
--
+                  Steve Haslam                  |   W: +44-207-447-1839   +
+  Just Another Production Engineer, Excite UK   |   M: +44-7775-645618    +