Re: [Exim] Relay troubles

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Nigel Metheringham
Υ/ο: Almer S. Tigelaar, exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Relay troubles
On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> [Philip - is this becoming a real stumbling block - maybe an occasional
> stat of the config file & rexec if its changed would be a good thing?]

When I wrote Exim I wasn't happy with this, figuring you wouldn't want
Exim picking up a new configuration until you wanted it to, but OTOH, of
course, any updating of the file gets picked up by non-daemon processes
right away, so my worry is probably a silly one.

However, I still wonder whether this is a good idea for another reason.
To make it "automatic" you'd have to have the daemon statting the file
pretty regularly; if you left it till, say, each queue run, it would
behave oddly from the user's point of view. Also, the daemon currently
wakes up only on the queue run timer or the arrival of a new message, so
implementing this would require serious surgery, and I'd rather leave
the daemon's code alone.