Re: [Exim] TLS and strange errors

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Brian K. West
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] TLS and strange errors
On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Brian K. West wrote:

> Here is the log.. I dont know whats up with it
> Phil maybe you can shed some light on this? From what I can tell
> av.cwis.net is the only one that does this.. and its exim 3.16.

Er, the subject of this message is "TLS and strange errors", but if you
are using 3.16 you can't be using TLS because that's only in the testing
release.

> 2000-09-25 22:06:14 13dl4M-0005dB-00 SEGV while reading "av.cwis.net" from
> dbm file: record assumed not to exist

This check was put into a much earlier version of Exim when we were
having various problems with DBM files. I haven't seen it for a very
long time. It indicates a crash inside the DBM library that you are
using. Which DBM library are you using?

Are you using DBM files in your configuration? If not, this is likely to
be one of Exim's hints files. You can check that they are OK by running

exim_dumpdb /var/spool/exim retry

and see if that can read the file without crashing. Similarly for
"reject" and "wait-remote_smtp"". If it is one of these files that is
broken, you can just delete it. Exim will recreate it. (The files are
all in /var/spool/exim/db - assuming your Exim spool is
/var/spool/exim.)

As to how the file got broken - that is a mystery. The cause of earlier
instances of this (a couple of years ago) was a locking problem which
has long since been fixed.