Re: [Exim] How do I avoid freezing messages routed to an una…

Author: Lorens Kockum
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] How do I avoid freezing messages routed to an unavailable host?
On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 11:24:26AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:

> RTFM host_find_failed.

OK, should work. Didn't think to look in the doc for the router
type I was using. Did look through old posts, as well as a
google search, but the subject "Message frozen" slipped through.

I'm still a bit surprised though, since the description of the
option says that if a host lookup gets a temporary error, the
message is deferred (as I wanted it to). I looked at the code,
and can't see anything untoward. That would mean that when my
computer is cut off from the Internet, DNS returns a definite
"does not exist" instead of a temporary error. Not pretty, but
not exim's problem. Grrr. Look at bind sources now... no time.
Flaky DNS, same problem as Andrew, probably.

--
#include <std_disclaim.h>                          Lorens Kockum