Re: [Exim] Fwd: Mail delivery failed: returning message to s…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Tsips
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Fwd: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, Tsips wrote:

> > i have 2 mail exchangers, dumela.cs.ub.bw and
> > savuti.ub.bw.

Dumela, Tsips.

(Maybe I'm the only person on this list who knows what "dumela" means,
but I'm afraid that's only Tswana word I know.)

> Savuti runs the main dns and is
> > supposed
> > to route mail addressed to user@??? to dumela.
> > users can send mail outside from dumela without a
> > problem but we have a problem recieving mail. i ran
> > mailq on savuti and messages addressed to cs.ub.bw
> > were being frozen. The dns on both machines look
> > okay.

What were the messages in the Exim log file (/var/spool/exim/log/mainlog)?
They should tell you why it was freezing the messages.

What is the configuration on savuti?

Take a look at chapter 26 (The domainlist router), especially the
example on mail hubbing near the end.

Philip