Re: [Exim] majordomo and -oee

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Corin Hartland-Swann
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] majordomo and -oee
Philip,

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, Corin Hartland-Swann wrote:
>
> > exim seems to accept it without complaining, but I couldn't find any
> > mention of it in the manpage. Is it OK to leave this in, or should I be
> > using a different optio?
>
> Manpage? I don't maintain any information in manpage format. If you have
> an Exim manpage, somebody else made it, and it is likely to be
> out-of-date.

Sorry! It cam with the exim-3.16-1 RPM. At the bottom it says:

This manual page was stitched together by Christoph Lameter,
<clameter@???>, from the original documentation coming with the
sourcepackage for the Debian GNU/Linux system, and cleaned up a little
by Tim Cutts <tjrc1@???>.

> >From the Exim spec.txt file:
>
> -oee   If an error is detected while a non-SMTP message is being received (for
>        example, a malformed address), the error is reported to the sender in a
>        mail message. Provided the message is successfully sent, Exim exits
>        with a return code of zero. If not, the return code is 2 if the error
>        was that the message had no recipients, and 1 otherwise. This option is
>        the default if Exim is called as rmail.

Great - thanks for your help!

Corin

| Corin Hartland-Swann   | Direct: +44 (0) 20 7544 4676        |
| Commerce Internet Ltd  | Mobile: +44 (0) 79 5854 0027        |
| 22 Cavendish Buildings |    Tel: +44 (0) 20 7491 2000        |
| Gilbert Street         |    Fax: +44 (0) 20 7491 2010        |
| Mayfair                |    Web: http://www.commerce.uk.net/ |
| London W1K 5HJ         | E-Mail: cdhs@???        |