Re: [Exim] Anit-Virus

Author: Michael J. Tubby B.Sc. G8TIC
To: Sam Ng, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Anit-Virus
> I would like to setup email anti-virus gateway.
>
> Any suggestion? Which scanner should I use??
>
> Does anyone know if McAfee is still selling their ViruScan for Linux?

We use "Knowledge Checker" from Imhotek (see www.imhotek.com) this
is a commercial package for Linux/Exim and is written in Perl.

It operates as a system mail filter an can scan in-bound, out-bound (or
both)
emails, disinfect (optionally), send warning/alarm messages to
sender/recipient,
ban certain attachment/MIME types in-bound/out-bound (configurable) mails,
add disclaimers, etc. etc. and is fairly feature rich.

It (Knowledge Checker) is really the logic glue between Exim and a virus
scanner - it requires that you have either Sophos AV engine (sweep) or
Norton AV engine (nav) installed.

Regards

Mike Tubby

[PS. I hove no connection with Imhotek]