Re: [Exim] Adding Users [UPDATE]

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Radcliffe
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Adding Users [UPDATE]
Jeffrey Goldberg <jeffrey+lists@???> probably said:
> On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, wokness monster wrote:
> > Also, I am running OpenBSD, and I have changed /etc/mailer.rc to this
> >
> > sendmail        /usr/exim/bin/exim
> > send-mail       /usr/exim/bin/exim
> > mailq           /usr/exim/bin/exim
> > newaliases      /usr/exim/bin/exim
> > hoststat        /usr/exim/bin/exim
> > purgestat       /usr/exim/bin/exim

> That seems unlikely to be correct, but I don't know about OpenBSD
> start-ups and what mailer.rc actually does.

That is actually correct. mailer is a small wrapper for the MTA used
by I think all the BSD varients now and the rc file tells it what
binary to run for each of the MTA related commands.

You can easily choose which MTA should be used in one place, have
several installed concurrently, upgrades don't overwrite links,
so on. Quite neat.

With the setup like that no inetd.conf exim things are needed, the
daemon will (as was shown) be started at boot time. The (exim) at the
end of the ps line means it is exim invoked as '/usr/sbin/sendmail'.

P.

--
pir                  pir@???                    pir@???