RE: [Exim] Blocking a local email address

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: o.cook
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: RE: [Exim] Blocking a local email address
On Fri, 15 Sep 2000 o.cook@??? wrote:

> Sorry I should have explained more fully. I'm using a virtual hosting setup
> probably best explained if I post 'configure' in full. (passwords/hosts
> removed but the rest is there).

> LOCAL_DOMAINS = localhost:server.domain.co.uk
> primary_hostname = server.domain.co.uk
> local_domains = LOCAL_DOMAINS:mysql;MYSQL_DOMAIN

... I assume that 'snores.net' is not one of your local domains?

> end

... You don't have receiver_verify set, so all message get into your
host without checking first.

> lookuphost:
> driver = lookuphost
> transport = remote_smtp
> end

... That's your only router.

> If an email arrives for a virtual domain, a lookup if performed in the MySQL
> database to see if an alias exists. This can either be an alias with a local
> part or '@', to catch all emails to that domain. If an alias is found the
> message is forwarded on.
>
> If no alias exists, as with the particular address I'm having problems with
> (lovesmall@???), the message gets frozen.

Er, but...

> lookuphost router called for lovesmall@???
> dns lookup: route_domain = snores.net

Since snores.net isn't local, it isn't going anywhere near your lookup
directors. It's going to the router. However:

> LOG: 0 MAIN
> lowest numbered MX record points to local host: snores.net (while routing
> <lovesmall@???>)

Is this actually correct? The DNS entries are

snores.net.              MX 10 relay.mail.snores.net.
snores.net.              MX  0 primary.mail.snores.net.
relay.mail.snores.net.   A  194.201.48.10
primary.mail.snores.net. A  194.201.48.11

Those IP addresses belong to something completely different:

Name: alpha.whitburn.xcalibre.co.uk
Address: 194.201.48.10

Is that one of your hosts? (The other one is "bravo".) Is snores.net
supposed to point there? If so, you need to have it in local_domains. If
not, you need to get the DNS entries altered.