Re: [Exim] Different delivery according to address?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Roger Burton West
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Different delivery according to address?
roger@??? said:
> I have a reason to want them accepted: I am more capable of running a
> mailhost than my ISP.

Which backs up the Change ISPs line - they are there to provide a
service.

roger@??? said:
> And my host, unlike those of quite a few ISPs, doesn't get listed in
> RBL even when it's a static address.

Actually RBL is a problem for ISPs - at least the shall we say "lower
bar to entry RBL" lists, which can get a ISP mailserver in their RBL
for someone with an open mail relay on a dynamic ip address which was
only there for a matter of minutes (I have seen this happen). There is
no real solution to this other than playing whack-a-mole all day.

However static ips are not normally DUL candidates unless they or their
ISP requests they are listed for some reason. Dynamic IP pools should
always be DULed including ADSL dynamic/NATed address sets. Otherwise
there is no decent point to get a spammers traffic early.

You can always come to an agreement with someone else with permanently
connected kit to provide SMTP relaying services on an authenticated
basis.

    Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]