Re: [Exim] Different delivery according to address?

Author: Roger Burton West
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Different delivery according to address?
On or about Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 10:20:47AM +0100, Nigel Metheringham typed:

>leo@??? said:
>> So if one has another address and want to send a message with that one
>> has to resort to direct mailing from their dialup machine. How can you
>> cope with it ?
>Change ISPs. The RBL/DUL is widely used, and I certainly don't see a
>reason to accept connections from dialup pools any longer.

I have a reason to want them accepted: I am more capable of running a
mailhost than my ISP. Because I'm running a lower-volume system, I can
get mail out in a few seconds, rather than having to wait half an hour;
and when my DNS breaks, I know about it, rather than just bouncing
every message for more than a day before someone can be bothered to fix
it.

And my host, unlike those of quite a few ISPs, doesn't get listed in
RBL even when it's a static address.

"Change ISPs"? That's been my experience with several in the UK - large
mailhosts just don't seem to work very well.

Roger