Re: [Exim] Exim and Hylafax

Author: dSeg (Nicholas Ochiel)
To: Odhiambo Washington, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim and Hylafax
Odhiambo Washington scribbled:
> Does anyone have a working config for Exim to co-exist with Hylafax?

In what sense do you mean co-exist? assuming that you mean "hylafax mails
root on sending of mail or on reception of mail" :
hylafax uses the /usr/[lib || bin]/sendmail interface.....just make sure
that that link points to exim

after installation you've probably run faxmodem to set up everything
properly...the sendfax command also has certain flags to send mail
notification messages.....most of them are covered in the man. I don't
think it's possible to direct faxes through your MTA because that's probably
defeating the whole purpose anyway. faxd(the daemon) monitors the tcp port
and not smtp though I thinks such support can be hacked into it.

> I'd appreciate the help from a FreeBSD user.

I hope I've helped even though i'm a debian 2.1 (woody) user.

> Thanks

Welcome :)
dSeg (Nicholas Ochiel)

PS:also from kenya.....it's an honour
Everything can be seen apart from the eye
through which they are seen