Re: [Exim] manpage error?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] manpage error?
Quoth Dan Kappus on Wed, Sep 13, 2000:
> In the version of the documentation
> packaged with the stock Debian distrbution,

Which means that it doesn't belong here.

>   -v    This  option has exactly the same effect as -d1; it
>     causes Exim to be standard error file. In  particular,
>     if  an SMTP connection is made, the SMTP dialogue is shown.

It seems that they forgot to insert \& at the beginning of the
line in the man page source. Note that I don't have Debian and
therefore can't see the man page source (and can't be bothered to
download it).

> how should this read?

Read the spec document.

# -v     This option has exactly the same effect as -d1; it causes Exim to be
#        'verbose' and produce some output describing what it is doing on the
#        standard error file. In particular, if an SMTP connection is made, the
#        SMTP dialogue is shown.

Vadik.

--
I was part of that strange race of people aptly described as spending
their lives doing things they detest to make money they don't want to