Re: [Exim] Exim and PAM, again

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: patl
A: exim-users
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim and PAM, again
On 13-Sep-00 at 16:50, Peter Radcliffe (pir@???) wrote:
> patl@??? probably said:
> > In what environment? I just did an install on FreeBSD 4.1; and that
>
> Solaris 2.6, with cyrus

I assume you are running cyrus as a non-privileged user.

> > switch. (Note that I do -NOT- consider using group permissions for read
> > access to /etc/master.passwd to be accepatable.)
>
> I followed the install instructions with a relatively recent cyrus
> installation. I didn't give group access to anything.

This may represent a difference between the way Solaris 2.6 and FreeBSD
4.1 handle access to the encrypted passwords; or their implementations
of PAM. Or maybe I just don't understand PAM well enough to get the
necessary incantations quite right.

But even if I could get it to work with PAM on the main system, I
suspect I would still have a problem with my virtual hosts. They
are currently using a setup designed in the pre-SASL days where I
have chrooted servers and pwcheck daemons so that I can have a unique
virtual passwd file for each virtual host. (These hosts also support
other password-protected services; but no shell access.)

-Pat