Re: [Exim] Exim and PAM, again

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: patl
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Exim and PAM, again
On 13-Sep-00 at 14:14, Peter Radcliffe (pir@???) wrote:
> patl@??? probably said:
> > It shouldn't be too difficult to extend exim to use the pwcheck daemon.
>
> pwcheck is no longer needed with more recent SASL. I don't run it anymore.

In what environment? I just did an install on FreeBSD 4.1; and that
was the easiest and safest way that I could find to handle authentication
against the system's password database. If you can explain (preferably
in detail, with examples) how to avoid that, I'd certainly be happy to
switch. (Note that I do -NOT- consider using group permissions for read
access to /etc/master.passwd to be accepatable.)

-Pat