Re: [Exim] Exim and PAM, again

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
Para: Christi Alice Scarborough
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Exim and PAM, again
I think, although I would like confirmation of this, that its
impossible to use PAM with exim on most shadow password based systems,
because exim mostly runs as non-root (unless your configuration does
otherwise) and you cannot see into shadow password files as non-root.
[RH has a helper to get round that *but* it only works for checking the
password related to the UID that you are currently running as]

BTW Am I right in thinking that CRAM-MD5 will be impossible to
implement on systems where the clear text password is not available on
the server in some form?

    Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]