Re: [Exim] Defer logic

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: davidturetsky
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Defer logic
On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, davidturetsky wrote:

> In sending out BSMTP mail to the same list of users, on one day, exim did a
> defer=-42 (or some such) and completion of the delivery took about 20
> minutes, while yesterday, a longer piece to the same distribution list set a
> defer=-1 and completed in about 1 minutes
>
> What is the logic/mechanism that determines how quickly exim completes
> delivery?

That just isn't enough information for me to comment specifically at all.
If you had posted the log entry, it would be easier. However, I think
-42 indicates a routing error, which suggests that there might have been
some DNS lookup problem. I don't understand the reference to BSMTP,
though. Outgoing BSMTP goes to files or pipes, and doesn't normally
involve routing. (Or is that just a typo for SMTP?)

The mechanisms that Exim uses for delivery are all described in the
reference manual. If there are delays, they are usually caused by
problems with remote hosts, or slow connections, or just by the sheer
number of recipients.