Re: wishlist item (was: Re: [Exim] Filtering)

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Dave C.
Cc: Dennis Taylor, Exim
Asunto: Re: wishlist item (was: Re: [Exim] Filtering)
djc@??? said:
> Item for wishlist (if it isnt already there):
> The ability to do filter-like things at SMTP time, after receipt of
> the DATA section of the message, but _before_ exim gives any response,
> so that the filter-like thing can control wether exim gives a 5xx, or
> a 2xx. Obviously this would have to be as tight code as possible to
> avoid signifigant performance degradation. It could be a very limited
> subset of the filtering language, and/or possibly something which gets
> written in a textual language, but which must be preprocessed/compiled
> for exim to use..

I did some code earlier in the year for Brightmail which pretty much
does this sort of thing.... and intend when I get time (!) to extend it
to allow perl callouts at receive time. However remember many MTAs
don't take permanent error codes at end of DATA so things will get
worse - you will actually get the stuff being sent to you several
times. You could just close the link, but then the sender *will* send
you the message again... and again... Since you have had to accept the
message already, just throw it now.

    Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]