[Exim] send_to_gateway router deferred: remote host address …

Author: Reid Sutherland
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] send_to_gateway router deferred: remote host address is the local host
Hi,

I recently found out that exim took over my email on my server. Debian decided to make that so. I was not amused. Exim is great, it's just that I'm running qmail and have been for years. MY server is not big, but if this happened to our office servers :O. Anyway, I'm getting the follow error when trying to push the queue back to the local qmail server.

send_to_gateway router deferred: remote host address is the local host

Work around? I'm trying to send mail from the local box to the local box, but now with qmail back on port 25.

Thanks for your time.

-reid