Re: [Exim] Bad sequence of command

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Bad sequence of command
Quoth Christian Balzer on Wed, Sep 13, 2000:
> Vadik wrote,
> >But do you have any idea what GRIMM is?
> >
> It's broken.

This I understood ;)

> Their MTA needs a RESET (RSET) after the final "." of the first email to
> be ready for another email down the same connection. Now looking at RFC 821
> I see no need or reason for that and if RESET really flushes all as it is
> supposed to it would also chuck out the HELO information. ;)

Not really.

#        RESET (RSET)
#
#           This command specifies that the current mail transaction is
#           to be aborted.  Any stored sender, recipients, and mail data
#           must be discarded, and all buffers and state tables cleared.
#           The receiver must send an OK reply.

> Again, I saw this problem _only_ with their MTA. Everybody else on the
> planet seems to be happy w/o a RESET between multiple emails. Any well
> known/versed RFC evangelist in here who can whip up a reply for them?

RFC 821 has Scenario 10 (Too Many Recipients) on page 63 which
gives an example of sending multiple messages on the same SMTP
connection.

> Or maybe Vadik can do an inside job. ;P

I'm NOT an insider there! I _could_, of course, take my dear
friend Mr. Baseball Bat there...

Anybody for a beer? Our office is in Shinjuku (Samon-cho), and I
live right now in Minato-ku (near Nishi Azabu Crossing).

Vadik.

--
When in doubt, be yourself. And if that fails, su root.