[Exim] Re: Testers Needed?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: John Bleasdale
Para: cgknipe
CC: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] Re: Testers Needed?
Hi Chris,

>Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 15:22:59 +0200
>From: Chris Knipe <cgknipe@???>
>To: exim-users@???
>Subject: [Exim] Testers Needed?
>
>Hi,
>
>In the light of my query about Exim and MS-SQL Database support, I have
>started coding a database engine for Linux (ONLY) using the FreeTDS
>Libraries (Slightly modified).
>
>At the moment, I am facing a bit of a problem. This is coded in Windows
>Notepad. I do not have access to a Linux machine at current, and well disk
>space is also not to optimum. Therefore, I need a few people to help me

code
>this engine, which will hopefully be ported to Exim at a later stage to
>provide Exim with MS-SQL support. At the end, I also wish to provide a DB
>platform which will be totally portable through all OSes and all the DB
>platforms arround today.

<<snip>>

> If you are interested in supporting me and perhaps just beta testing this
> code for me, I will need from you that you run Linux, and have access to a
> MS-SQL Server Database over a network. (Is there anyone else except me
> running this type of configuration?)

We use something like your proposed setup, combining Exim, FreeTDS, MS-SQL
Server and Linux.

Exim is used as a mail relay for our domains, passing on mail to backend
mailbox servers. Exim invokes a mail scanning executable on any messages it
receives and this C++ executable uses the FreeTDS libraries to make SQL
queries to a MS-SQL Server 7 box on the network.

FreeTDS has been very useful to us in this respect, but we have used it
knowing exactly how many fields and what types of data our queries will
return, making the coding a lot simpler and avoiding some of the problems
you have seen with FreeTDS.

Good luck!

John Bleasdale
RM plc