[Exim] transports and directors, child process error 69

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Rich Bradshaw
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] transports and directors, child process error 69
Hi.

I'm picking up an exim setup/configuration where somebody else left
off. The system is currently working, but we are having some
difficulties making modifications.

Ok, in the file: '/usr/exim/configure' there is the following:

# This transport is used for processing email

email_pipe:
driver = pipe
command = "/home/email/mailhandler.pl"
log_defer_output
log_fail_output
timeout = 30s
#errmsg_file = /home/email/error.msg
user = $local_part
group = root

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

And in the directors section of the configure file:
email:
driver = aliasfile
transport = email_pipe
file = /etc/users_email
search_type = lsearch

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

The file '/etc/users_email' looks like:
scheduler@???

# # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #

mailhandler.pl is a PERL script which processes emails sent to
scheduler@???.

This works quite happily, until we want to make any modifications.
Are there any particular permissions or any files to change other than
the exim configure file that would have any effect on the running of
scripts (child processes) within exim?

Here's what I tried.

Created a backup copy of the exim configure file and the
mailhandler.pl script.
Created a copy of the mailhandler.pl script called mailhandler-new.pl.
(cp mailhandler.pl mailhandler-new.pl, nothing unusual. ls -l didn't
list anything unusual, same ownership, same execute permissions on the
script)

Altered the exim configure script to point to the new
mailhandler-new.pl script, no changes made to the script yet.

Got error messages in the exim mainlog file reporting Error 69.
Looking up error 69 states that there was a problem executing the
script 'mailhandler-new.pl'.

The permissions on both 'mailhandler.pl' and 'mailhandler-new.pl' are
both rwxr-xr-x, both are owned by the same user and are in the same
group. mailhandler.pl works, mailhandler-new.pl doesn't.

diff mailhandler.pl mailhandler-new.pl shows no differences.

We're stumped.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Cheers,
    Rich