Re: [Exim] virtual hosting with exim

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: marcos elpucho rubinstein
Para: Nigel Metheringham
CC: tayerv, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] virtual hosting with exim
Nigel Metheringham dixit:

>jett@??? said:
> > just wondering, how can i configure exim so that i can support virtual
> > hosting....( domainalias)?
>
>This is discussed in a fair amount of detail in the documentation, the
>FAQ and the mailing list archives.
>
>If you have a specific problem then please give enough information for
>a decent diagnosis. If you are just starting out then maybe looking at
>some of the extensive documentation would be a nice courtesy.

Nigel:

I do understand your frustration... at the same time would be nice if the
"default" exim configuration file will include (perhaps remed out) the
directors and the transport to support virtual domains.

I'm very new to exim... the more that I read the documents (and I have been
reading the documents for the last two weeks), the more that I like it. But
trying to get to work virtual domains have been difficult for me (the guru
of this partnership.. is unavailable being a new daddy ;).. As an
additional challenge, we have all this working with freevsd (that creates
virtual servers). (yep.. it's freevsd with v .. no relation with freebsd :)

I read in the historical postings to this group some kind of disdain
towards a web based interface to configure exim. Being a "shell person" I
do understand that feeling.. at the same time I do need to admit that
working with web based interfaces like webmin has some advantages!

Searching the archives, I found that Lucas van Staden developed a while ago
a module for webmin... to handle virtual domains.. I do think it needs to
have the directors and transport configured as he had, and with his help
(he have been more than generous with his time), I'm sure that pretty soon
we will have Exim working with virtual domains. perhaps we will need some
changes.. we'll see.

As soon as that happens, I will post the configuration file, and with
Lucas van Staden permission, the way to get the webmin module.

cheers!

Marcos