[OT] Eudora IMAP is weak Re: [Exim] Exim deliveries in Maild…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Chad Leigh, Pengar Enterprises, Inc. and Shire.Net LLC
A: exim-users
Temas antiguos: [Exim] Exim deliveries in Maildir format, Courier IMAP and Filtering
Asunto: [OT] Eudora IMAP is weak Re: [Exim] Exim deliveries in Maildir format, Courier IMAP and Filtering

--On Sunday, September 10, 2000 2:16 PM +0100 "Michael J. Tubby"
<mike.tubby@???> wrote:

> All,
>
> We have been using Exim with wu-imapd for several years and IMAP
> performance has been poor with wu-imapd and large mailboxes, especially
> using Eudura with connections to 8 or 9 mailboxes :-(

I am testing an installation to support virtual users totally configured
and authenticated from ldap and am using exim and courier-imap so far. Not
working yet but it seems to be a popular approach! Since it is a test
system it is lower priority and I have the exim delivering but my initial
courier attempt doesn't validate.

We have uw-imapd in production and it handles large mailboxes pretty well,
even with several mailboxes, but not with Eudora. Eudora seems to suck at
imap even with 1 small mailbox. But I think maildir is more flexible for
our new mail system. Exim is however the key to the whole thing since it
is so flexible to do what we need it to do.

I use Mulberry for my mail agent for imap. It runs on windows and mac and
is at http://www.cyrusoft.com/ . It was programmed from the bottom up as
an imap and is not a converted pop mail agent.

Chad

Pengar Enterprises, Inc. and Shire.Net LLC
Web and Macintosh Consulting -- full service web hosting
Chad Leigh
chad@???            chad@???