Re: [Exim] Support for TLS/SSL

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: patl
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Support for TLS/SSL
On 8-Sep-00 at 02:17, Philip Hazel (ph10@???) wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Sep 2000 patl@??? wrote:
>
> > Their library provides a SASL/TLS layer on top of OpenSSL.
>
> Then I don't think it's relevant. Exim already has its own SASL support
> (for SMTP AUTH) and support for PAM (though not Kerberos directly).

Is it worth considering replacing the native support with the
Cyrus library for increased compatability? It would certainly
make life easier for those of us trying to set up multiple service
virtual hosts or virtual users. (I use the term 'virtual user'
to indicate users with access to certain services but no shell
or unix passwd entry.)

I'm particularly thinking about the sasldb as a shared credential
database. (I've never used Kerberos; so I personally don't really
care about support for it. But it seems to be popular in educational
environments.)

I'm not very familiar with exactly what all is available in the
PAM interface; but the traffic on the cyrus-sasl mailing list
implies that the sasl library must directly support the sasldb
and Kerberos alongside PAM instead of making them PAM modules
because PAM does not (sufficiently?) support multiple realms.

-Pat