Re: [Exim] user%domain@domain.com

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dave C.
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: Brian K. West, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] user%domain@domain.com
Well, when you reject at SMTP-time, it is the sender MTA's
responsibility to send the bounce. In the case of a legitimate email
(with a mistyped address or something), the sender MTA will usuaully do
so. In the case of a spam, we really don't care what it does ;)

Of course, it would be nice if all MTA's were smart enough to actually
include the text after your 5xx code in the bounce message they
generate ;)

Too bad there is no effective way to fully verify the deliverability of
remote addresses..

Of course, you could perhaps establish a list of 'legitimate' mail
servers, and accept messages from those hosts, and send the bounce. Any
others would get rejected at SMTP time..