Re: [Exim] inverse of smtp_reserve_hosts

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Mark Ivens
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] inverse of smtp_reserve_hosts
Thus spake Philip Hazel (ph10@???):

> > Can anyone think of a way of limiting the number of SMTP connections
> > solely for a given host-list?
>
> No, but you can do it globally with accept_max_per_host.

We have this set but I have found that it still hurt when, for
example, after a routing problem between us and egroups was resolved,
all their servers hit ours simultaneously with the queue that they had
built up.

I would also love to use such a feature to "sin-bin" a subnet that
some naughty little spammer is using as his playpen.

Would this be something that you would consider adding to a future
exim release? I think it would be very useful.

  Mark Ivens   mivens@???      "Never send a human to do a
    Systems Administrator               machine's job." - Agent
  ClaraNET UK Ltd  020 7903 3203          Smith, "The Matrix"