[Exim] please explain

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Neeraj Manral
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] please explain
I have downloaded exim 3-16.tar.gz .I have also un zipped I made a local
directory Copied the EDITME as Local/EDITME.can some one help me as to what
are the minimum changes that i have to give in the editme file and what is
the command that i have to run
(I am installing exim on linux 6.0 Red hat).
The document says :(in exim site):

{{{{ Before building Exim, a local configuration file that specifies
options independent of any operating system has to be created with the name
`Local/Makefile'. A template for this file is supplied as the file
`src/EDITME', and it contains full descriptions of all the option settings
therein.

Default values are supplied for all of them except for those that specify
the locations of the runtime configuration file and the directory for
holding Exim binaries. These must be given, as Exim will not build without
them }}}}

How should i give the make command .can any onen elaborate on the above
lines ....
(I am new to unix and linux).Kindly answer considering that in mind.
Regards
Nm