Re: [Exim] problem with exim <-> mailagent

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Paul B. Johnson
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] problem with exim <-> mailagent
On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, Paul B. Johnson wrote:

> These corruptions seem to appear at approximate 10KB intervals (although not
> at *every* 10KB interval). The same message sent multiple times will not
> necessarily have the corruptions in the same locations.

That is all very mysterious. Exim uses 8K buffers for writing messages,
not 10K. That fact that it delivers correctly on its own suggests that
the problem is in the specific connection to mailagent (about which, I'm
afraid, I know nothing).

You don't say which operating system, but maybe it has something to do
with the way the pipes work, but this is just guesswork on my part. I
don't have any really good ideas for testing, but you could try:

1. Set up your .forward so that Exim delivers both to a file *and* to
mailagent. Compare the results.

2. Instead of running mailagent, just run some test program that simply
copies its standard input to a file. Check that the file you get is
the correct one.

3. Add

DELIVER_OUT_BUFFER_SIZE=4096

to your Local/Makefile (assuming you compiled Exim yourself) and
rebuild. This will write the file in smaller chunks. Try even smaller
ones?

Oh, and does mailagent do correct locking of any files it writes? If two
messages arrive at once, Exim will run two simultaneous deliveries.