Re: [Exim] Bad sequence of command

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Christian Balzer
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Bad sequence of command
On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, Christian Balzer wrote:

> The MTA of a major mobile phone company is smoking bad crack and gives a
>
>     SMTP error from remote mailer after initial connection:
>     host mfsmax.docomo.ne.jp [210.153.85.216]:
>     503 Bad sequence of command

> to most (but not all!) mails send to it.
> I use queue_smtp_domains = "*" and a queue-runner every minute and
> my suspicion is that they don't handle multiple mails in one
> session well over there.

No, that can't be it; "after initial connection" means after it first
connects ... worries ... checks code ... aarrgghh!! You have found a
bug(let). Exim is failing to change "initial connection" to whatever the
last command was in the case of a second message sent down the same
channel. So the response is after something else (I would guess the next
MAIL FROM). If you want, I can supply a trivial patch to fix this
oversight.

> Is there a way to log/report _outgoing_ SMTP dialogue within Exim?

Any delivery with -v (which is the same as -d1) will show the dialogue.

You can restrict the number of messages sent down the same SMTP
connection by setting batch_max in the smtp transport. You could have a
separate transport just for the bad domain if you wanted.

I will of course fix the buglet in the next release. Thanks for the
report.