Re: [Exim] Replacing the sendmail packages in Solaris 7 or 8…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Paul Slootman
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Replacing the sendmail packages in Solaris 7 or 8 with Exim
On Tue 05 Sep 2000, Chris Thompson wrote:

> In earlier versions of Solaris, sendmail was screwed into the system,
> and one has to perform rather sordid maneuvers to get /usr/lib/sendmail
> replaced by Exim and have it stay like that.

Hmm, my standards must be dropping, as I didn't recall having to do
anything "sordid". Move /usr/lib/sendmail out of way, replace the
init.d script, check the crontabs for sendmail stuff, and then drop
in exim. This was on 2.6. I can't say that I had trouble with it
being overwritten by any patches, although one _does_ need to be on
one's toes at those times. Making /usr/lib/sendmail a symlink helps.

> In Solaris 7 and 8, sendmail becomes a separate package (two in fact,
> SUNWsndmr & SUNWsndmu) which one can in theory just do pkgrm on, leaving
> virgin territory for Exim (or any other sendmail replacement, of course).
>
> Has anyone done this, and what problems did they have as a result?

None, actually.

> One would need one's own /etc/init.d & /etc/rc?.d members (no bad thing)

I borrowed the ones from the debian exim package.

> for Exim. Also, as /usr/bin/vacation is part of SUNWsndmu, one would need
> to provide one's own if one is stuck (as we are) with users with .forward
> files referencing it: what would be the best source for that?

Copy vacation to somewhere safe before removing SUNWsndmu :-)

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@??? http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/
work:       paul@???       http://www.murphy.nl/