著者: Marc MERLIN
To: Brian K. West
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] user%domain@domain.com
On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 11:16:13PM -0500, Brian K. West wrote:
> Ok I am think verify_recip will fix this.. but my box will accept
> user%domain.com@??? but will bounce mail... I got a nasty complaint
> from someone that bitched me out because he thinks my server is an open
> relay because it accepted the mail for delivery.. So should I turn on
> verify_recip or not? or just reject the mail. I need some opinions on this
> one.

So yes, you want to turn that off, otherwise you are indeed an open relay
and Orbs will list you as soon as they find out, and if your site actually
gets abused and people complain, MAPS will list you too.

In my exim.conf, I have:
# If you want Exim to support the "percent hack" for all your local domains,
# uncomment the following line. This is the feature by which mail addressed
# to x%y@z (where z is one of your local domains) is locally rerouted to
# x@y and sent on. Otherwise x%y is treated as an ordinary local part
# percent_hack_domains=*

Did you turn that on? (it should be off by default)

Marc

Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key and other contact information