著者: patl
To: Philip Hazel
CC: patl, exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] Support for TLS/SSL
On 7-Sep-00 at 09:13, Philip Hazel (ph10@???) wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Sep 2000 patl@??? wrote:
>
> > I missed some of the earlier discussion - is the plan to also use
> > the Cyrus SASL library from CMU ?
>
> I am starting with Steve Haslam's patches for OpenSSL. I don't know
> about the Cyrus library. (I don't know much about OpenSSL, either. :-)
> What is the difference? I do hope we don't end up with a zillion
> different ways of doing the same thing. All the different DBM and LDAP
> libraries are bad enough. Sigh.

Their library provides a SASL/TLS layer on top of OpenSSL. It also
supports PAM, db files, and, I think, Kerberos for authorization
& authentication. The sasldb and Kerberos handle multiple realms.

I think that the sendmail SASL/TLS support is done with the CMU
library. It is also, of course, used in the Cyrus IMAP server.

More info at http://asg.web.cmu.edu/

-Pat