Re: [Exim] Support for TLS/SSL

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: patl
A: Nigel Metheringham
Cc: Philip Hazel, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Support for TLS/SSL
On 7-Sep-00 at 03:40, Nigel Metheringham (Nigel.Metheringham@???)
wrote: >
> ph10@??? said:
> > This has finally made it to the top of my list. If anybody has any new
> > comments they'd like to make, now is the time.
>
> Its probably worth finding out what sendmail supports in its latest (or
> is it upcoming) SSL supporting release.

I missed some of the earlier discussion - is the plan to also use
the Cyrus SASL library from CMU ?

> ph10@??? said:
> > The server end will also have controls like AUTH, requiring certain
> > hosts to use STARTTLS before they can do anything. Is there a
> > requirement to control relaying by this means?
>
> Probably - a host that only relays for TLS connections with a
> particular set of certificates would be a useful sitation I could

Yep, this would be a great way to authorize relaying for my virtual
domain customers.

> envisage. Certificate handling in general is a whole can of worms that
> I don't see a decent way of handling right now.

I think the SASL library may help make some of that a bit easier;
but I admit that it's just an impression from following their mailing
list, not actual experience...

-Pat