Re: [Exim] Support for TLS/SSL

Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Support for TLS/SSL
ph10@??? said:
> This has finally made it to the top of my list. If anybody has any new
> comments they'd like to make, now is the time.

Its probably worth finding out what sendmail supports in its latest (or
is it upcoming) SSL supporting release.

ph10@??? said:
> The server end will also have controls like AUTH, requiring certain
> hosts to use STARTTLS before they can do anything. Is there a
> requirement to control relaying by this means?

Probably - a host that only relays for TLS connections with a
particular set of certificates would be a useful sitation I could
envisage. Certificate handling in general is a whole can of worms that
I don't see a decent way of handling right now.

    Nigel.

[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]