著者: Jeffrey Goldberg
To: Andrew
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] Message frozen
[mailed and posted]

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Andrew wrote:

> Is there any reason this should have been frozen.

> Running exim 3.14 on RH 5.2

That's a lie. I really doubt that the original message had a
"Sent:" field.

> > The following address(es) have yet to be delivered:
> > user@??? : lookup of host "gateway.this.domain.com" failed
> in to_domain router

That just says that delivery is defered. Nothing about the message being
frozen.

> logs show this for that domain
> 2000-09-07 10:19:03 13Wpra-0004Ps-00 => user@??? R=to_domain
> T=remote_smtp H=gateway.this.domain.com [203.23.53.x]
> 2000-09-07 10:21:54 13Wpsv-0004QQ-00 == user@??? R=to_domain
> defer (-1): lookup of host "gateway.this.domain.com" failed in to_domain
> router
> 2000-09-07 10:39:59 13Wq9a-0004YD-00 => user@??? R=to_domain
> T=remote_smtp H=gateway.this.domain.com[203.23.53.x]

It looks like you had a temporary resolver/DNS problem, and for a time
could not resolve gateway.this.domain.com. It should have gone out on the
next queue run.

Are you sure that it was frozen, and not just deferred?

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg
I have recently moved, see http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/contact.html