Re: [Exim] amavis virus relaying

Author: Jochen Erwied
To: Paul Miles
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] amavis virus relaying

> I've successfully configured amavis & exim to scan inbound messages for
> viruses. I was wondering if it is it possible to scan relayed messages as
> well?

A way to scan relayed messages is mentioned in the amavis package.
See README.exim for details (present in version 0.2.1-pre2). Here's the
relevant section (untested!)

---snip
Scanning of outgoing mail is also possible:
(based on a contribution by John Burnham)

In the TRANSPORT CONFIGURATION, add the following

scanmails_remote:
driver = pipe
bsmtp = all
batch_max = 32767
# we need sender_address and local_part@host for generating of notification
# messages, if a virus was found. Well, this isn't really needed, as
# afaik exim sets some environment variables
command = "/usr/sbin/scanmails -f ${sender_address} -d ${local_part}@${host}"
# for debugging purposes
# log_output = true
prefix =
return_output = false
return_path_add = false
user = amavis
group = amavis
path = "/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin"
current_directory = "/var/tmp"

At the *beginning* of the ROUTERS CONFIGURATION, add the following

vircheck:
condition = "${if eq {$received_protocol}{scanned-ok} {0}{1}}"
driver = domainlist
route_list = "*"
transport = scanmails_remote
---snip