Re: [Exim] MH mailbox format

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Exim Users List
Subject: Re: [Exim] MH mailbox format
On 2000-09-06 at 13:13 +0100, John Horne gifted us with:
> If Mahogany/mutt can do copies in their filtering and use some form of
> directory mailbox then we probably shalln't need procmail.

Mutt inherently supports multiple mail formats; one binary can use
different formats.

4.6. Mailbox Formats

Mutt supports reading and writing of four different mailbox formats:
mbox, MMDF, MH and Maildir. The mailbox type is autodetected, so there
is no need to use a flag for different mailbox types.
When creating new mailboxes, Mutt uses the default specified with the
$mbox_type variable.

[ ... ]

If worst comes to worst, ``T.'' to tag all messages in current box, then
``;s'' to save all tagged messages, and be prompted for the name. Or
use mbox-hook to define the default name and have it happen
automatically.

You could probably even use expect(1) with mutt(1) and make this all
automatic, but that's getting silly. Which is why I like the idea. :^)
--
"We've got a patent on the conquering of a country through the use of force.
We believe in world peace through extortionate license fees." -Bluemeat