Re: [Exim] Email Aliases DB?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Adrian Phillips
A: Chris Knipe
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Email Aliases DB?

    Chris> Because of Exim's modular? support and configurations
    Chris> certain users may still even go as far as to not compile in
    Chris> and use the Perl DBI if it is not needed, thus the
    Chris> performance drop will not affect them at all because its
    Chris> not used.

    Chris> I'll be really really really happy if something like this
    Chris> can be done, because as I mentioned in my previous post, I
    Chris> have to (unfortunately), rely on Microsoft technologies for
    Chris> certain aspects of my organisation.  Now Microsoft
    Chris> (regardless of popular belief) is not so bad anymore -
    Chris> talking from the 2000 range of products.  At the moment, I
    Chris> have W2K Professional here, and its a killer.

A killer what ? :-)

    Chris> If there are ways to use cross platform databases, I'm
    Chris> really interested to hear about them.  Having Exim use a MS
    Chris> database is just the start of my mission.  In the long run,
    Chris> I personally, wish to see this type of support regarding
    Chris> databases just about in any product or service.  Imagine
    Chris> Linux's PAM doing authentication from within SQL or other
    Chris> Databases?

Your mission ? At any rate, every database is different to work
with. Telnetting is not an option. You have to use the suppliers
libraries which means you haven't got a hope with MSSQL as its Windows
only and exim is Non-Windows.

    Chris> You can immediately use all your authentication through any
    Chris> application or OS version you like.  Be it Windows, be it
    Chris> Linux, be it IBM (OS//2), or even a Apple MAC.

Umm, you mean LDAP then. If you have to use Windows 2000 then setup
Active directory and try interfacing to that from exim. I haven't got
a clue if it will work not as Microsofthave done things to Active
directory which isn't quite standard LDAP, surprise.

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--
Your mouse has moved.